In the 19th century Swedish Professor Henry Ling rationalizes that massage is a combination of three movements: Effleurage, Petrissage and Kneading and percussion. In modern times, massage techniques an updated combination of Effleurage, Petrissage and Kneading, percussion, friction and vibration. In our massage videos are highlighted in detail by our registered Massage Therapist.
1. Effleurage (stroke): use the entire flat surface for the hands. Long lines with smooth and hang gliding motion helps with circulation and increases the amount of relaxation.
2. Petrissage (kneading): use your thumb and fingers, grasping the skin and surface muscles with firm and gentle movements. Twisting, rolling, squeezing and releasing them back into place. The very precise movements are very good for older adults and children.
3. percussion: Use both hands in rapid and stimulating movements. a) interception-the use of fingertips; b) cupping-the use of cupped hand gestures; c) hacking-the use of karate (open hand) type chopping movements; d) slapping-use of open, flat palms; or e) pounding-using both fists; f) use of fingertips in Tapotement-percussion type drumming movements. This stimulates the muscles and nerves.
4. Friction: rolling circular movements performed with slow, long, firm strokes. Contact with the skin, the superficial tissue is moving over the deeper tissues. Improves congestion and build up of toxic waste and breaking down of adhesions around the joints and bony areas. Effleurage should be used after this battle, as the local temperature is raised.
5. Vibration: use of the whole hand or fingers with very fast back and forth shaking or shaking movements. Especially used for upper back, buttocks and thighs. This is very effective in stimulating the terminal nerve branches or nerve Centers.
The effects of basic Massage therapy techniques have been known to treat a wide variety of conditions from insomnia, stress, muscle cramps, aches and pains associated with pregnancy, and a myriad of other conditions. Our massage videos shows that this kind of activity will show the positive side of a preventive and alternative healing method of body and mind.